Spring is officially here and the weather is finally starting to warm up! With no snow but a rather depressing looking yard with dead leaves and grass, it is the perfect time to bring out the sidewalk chalk. All three of my kids can participate in on this activity and they love it when I make them fun things like trains. My artistic abilities are certainly limited, but that doesn’t mean I can’t join in on the fun! Sidewalk chalk is a super inexpensive way to promote your child’s creativity and get them playing outside. That is why it is always one of my must-give Easter gifts to my kids. Even though I love the traditional uses, I’m excited to try out some new ways to play with sidewalk chalk. Did you know you could make your own sidewalk chalk? I didn’t!
From glow in the dark to frozen sidewalk chalk, this list is full of great ideas to put a unique twist on this favorite kids activity.
- Erupting Ice Chalk (Play Learn Imagine)
- Frozen Popsicle Chalk (Reading Confetti)
- Make Your Own Sidewalk Chalk (Fun at Home with Kids)
- Glow in the Dark Sidewalk Chalk (Coffee Cups and Crayons)
- Drawing with Wet Chalk (Sugar Aunts)
- Sidewalk Chalk Paint (Happiness is Homemade)
- Squeezie Sidewalk Chalk (No Time for Flash Cards)
- Fizzing Sidewalk Chalk (Kids Activity Blog)
- Scented Edible Sidewalk Chalk (Fun at Home with Kids)
- Chalk Puddle Jumping (Lemon Lime Adventures)
Do you have any unique ways your family likes to use sidewalk chalk?