This is a sponsored blog; while the views expressed here were genuinely mine, consideration was paid to me by Bays English Muffins to review this product.
I’ve been sharing a lot of different ways to enjoy a hot drink this holiday season. From Slow Cooker Orange Pomegranate Cider to Merry Mint Mochas, there are lots of unique ideas for warming up. When you live in a climate as cold as Minnesota, you search out ways to find enjoyment during the long winter season. When I came across this unique recipe for Cinnamon and Sugar Chocolate Crisps from Bays English Muffins, I knew I had to give them a try. So I put a slight twist on them and made Chocolate Dipped Cinnamon Crisps, perfect for pairing with a cup of cocoa or your favorite coffee blend.
Can you believe these crisps were made from English muffins? If you aren’t familiar with this brand, you aren’t alone.
I’ve been purchasing my English muffins from the bread section, but Bays English Muffins are sold in the refrigerated dairy cases of major grocery stores, including my local Walmart. All this time I’ve been missing out. Four varieties are available including Original, Honey Wheat, Sourdough and Multi-Grain.
All of their muffins are made to order, and leave the factory within 24 hours of their baking to be shipped across the country in refrigerated trucks. The result has to be the freshest English muffin I’ve ever tried. I love that I can buy them in advance and keep them in my refrigerator without freezing them. (Those I purchased had a sell by date of over a month away.)
So it makes sense that starting with a quality product would make these Chocolate Dipped Cinnamon Crisps taste so good.
I’m not going to lie though, these crisps tasted so good warm out of the oven with cinnamon and sugar that you could just stop right here.
Dipping them in chocolate does take them to the next level! While the recipe does state these are good up to three days, I found the quality to be the best the first day I made them.
- 4 whole BAYS English Muffins (any flavor)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips (or your favorite variety)
- 2 teaspoons oil (canola, vegetable or coconut)
- 1 tablespoon crushed candy cane
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut muffins crosswise into four or five thin strips per muffin half.
- On large baking sheet, arrange strips cut side down.
- Bake until lightly golden, approximately 9 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Toss strips with melted butter in medium bowl.
- Return to baking sheet. Line up again, cut side down.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle over crisps.
- Bake additional 5 to 6 minutes or until deep gold brown.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, foil or silicone baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate and oil in microwave, using short intervals and stirring often, just until melted.
- Dip crisps in chocolate, shaking off excess and place on lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle half with candy canes and half with mini chocolate chips while chocolate is still wet. (Best to do this in regular intervals of six or so crisps at a time.)
- Store loosely covered at room temperature up to 3 days. Best if served within 24 hours.
Aren’t they pretty?
I paired them with a fun Santa cup with warm cocoa topped with whipped cream and more mini chocolate chips. It was such a great combo.
Make these Chocolate Dipped Cinnamon Crisps for your next holiday celebration. They are sure to be a hit with guests and are easier than a traditional homemade biscotti.
Besides surprising guests with tasty crisps, you can really make the holiday season brighter with the Bays Delicious Wishes event.
A Holiday Sweepstakes
You can enter to win a $250 gift card every day between Thanksgiving and Christmas and absolutely no purchase necessary. Enter the sweepstakes until December 24, 2016 at the Bays Facebook page. That’s 30 gift cards in 30 days! Official rules are at bays.com under promotions. And, don’t forget to ‘LIKE’ Bays’ Facebook page while you are there!
Seven New Recipes
You can also start cooking some something new and tasty with Bays delicious holiday recipes. Visit Bays to download recipes like, Chorizo-Chipotle Benedict, Pumpkin Spice French Toast and Antipasti Platter.
To tempt your taste buds you can watch this video, too!