If you caught my shopping for dinner with my kid post earlier this week, you know that I recently shopped at Walmart with my three year old to fill up my fridge and get something for dinner after traveling last week. Did you know it is National Hamburger Month? I don’t really need any excuse to eat hamburger, but I can still celebrate with some Hamburger Helper®. I got some recipe inspiration online and with my son’s help, was able to pick up just a few ingredients to make a delicious meal quickly.
- 1 lb extra lean (at least 85%) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup diced green pepper (about 1 medium)
- 1 box Hamburger Helper® Four Cheese Lasagna
- 5 cups hot water
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- shredded mozzarella cheese, if desired
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked. Halfway through cooking, add onion and green pepper.
- Drain excess liquid.
- Stir in hot water, contents of sauce mix pouch (from Hamburger Helper ® box) and tomatoes.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in contents of uncooked pasta pouch (from Hamburger Helper ® box).
- Cover; cook 10 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle each serving with shredded mozzarella cheese.
I was inspired by this Quick Italian Soup, but decided to change it up to more closely resemble another favorite soup of ours. You can easily swap out your favorite vegetables in this recipe to create a meal your whole family will love.
This quick and easy stove top meal is great year round. Try it with other favorite meats such as bulk Italian sausage or even ground chicken or turkey!
Be sure to save on your next purchase of Hamburger Helper® at Walmart with this dinner savings from Ibotta, a smart new way to earn cash when you shop!
Have you ever tried changing up Hamburger Helper®?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hamburger Helper® . The opinions and text are all mine.