While I love making sweet treats with my kids, I also love making healthier food as well. We try hard to strike a balance, just another reason why I love our Mini Chef Monday series. Thankfully all of my kids go nuts over fruit and yogurt and it isn’t hard at all to make delicious breakfast, snack and dessert options with those ingredients. Smoothies are always a hit and lately smoothie bowls have really been a favorite. Our most recent was this quick Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl recipe.
- 1 cup frozen sliced strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt, honey or vanilla flavored
- ⅓ cup milk
- sliced banana
- sliced fresh strawberries
- Blend all ingredients except toppings in blender until smooth.
- Pour into 3 bowls.
- Top with each smoothie bowl with sliced strawberries, banana, walnuts and coconut.
- Serve immediately.
The kids love to choose their own flavor combinations and have fun placing the toppings on top. Place them in lines or simple sprinkle them on top.
Smoothie bowls go a bit further than a traditional smoothie. With extra toppings that aren’t blended, my kids feel more satisfied.
Even my pickier son Warren will eat ingredients like spinach when blended with the sweeter ingredients. He loves it! I love that I can sneak in healthy ingredients like flaxseed.
What have you been up to this week with your mini chefs?
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 10 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Strawberry Lemonade Ice Pops // Courtney’s Sweets
- Outback Copycat Coconut Shrimp Recipe // Momma Lew
- Coconut Cashew Strawberry Banana Smoothie // We’re Parents
- Five Ingredient Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad // Frugal Novice
- Toddler Science Experiment Baking Soda Art // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Restaurant Style Crispy Wonton Strips with Homemade Duck Sauce // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Yummy Orange Apple Cider // Step Stool Chef
- Apple Noodle Kugel // Vegging at the Shore
- Quiona and Oat Granola // O’Boy! Organic
- Kid Approved Chicken Fried Rice // Can’t Google Everything