I love making pasta salads in the summer. Perfect for cookouts, picnics and more, they are the perfect side dish. Why turn on the oven during those hot days when you don’t have to? Jason Meller shares this great option for a tomato pasta salad with a refreshing lemon dressing. My husband loves feta cheese so I know he’d go nuts for this salad!
- 1 package tri-color rotini (or your favorite pasta shape)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced and halved again
- 1-2 lemons, zest and juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well and place in large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine 1 lemon's juice and zest with the olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add tomato, onion and parsley to the pasta.
- Add the lemon dressing and toss to coat.
- Add the Feta Cheese. (Make sure to crumble the larger pieces to nothing larger than about a pea.)
- Toss to combine.
- Adjust for salt, pepper and lemon.
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes and toss before serving.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve got a sudden craving for some pasta salad. Yum! Here is a nice pinterest-friendly image so you can save this recipe for later!