I love coming up with fun treats for my kids that have a healthy twist, especially for Mini Chef Monday. And just like last week with my Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl, I’m combining fruit with yogurt again but with a twist! These Yogurt Dipped Frozen Bananas on a Stick are covered with Greek yogurt then sprinkled with some our our favorite dessert toppings. They are easy and super fun to make!
Wesley prepared this entire recipe with the exception of chopping the nuts and toasting the coconut. If you aren’t familiar with toasted coconut, it is absolutely amazing, especially freshly toasted. It works great as a dessert topping on ice cream, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. Just be sure to toast it slowly and check it often. If you’ve never toasted coconut before, trust me, it is very easy to burn. Stirring it often will help it bake more evenly.
We used simple lollipop sticks but popsicle stick or cookie sticks would also work.
Wesley loved being able to “paint” the yogurt on the fresh banana. If you find your banana spinning around at all, you can stick your thumb near the base of the banana to hold it in place.
To avoid any part of your banana turning brown, coat the under the banana near the stick so you don’t have any banana showing.
I had Wesley pour all the toppings onto a wide plate and let him sprinkle them over the bananas.
Enjoy this snack immediately or as a frozen treat a few hours later!
- 4 firm bananas, cut in half
- 1 container Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup coconut, toasted
- ¼ cup finely chopped nuts
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- lollipop sticks
- Toast coconut. (Bake in 350 degree oven, stirring every two minutes until slightly brown. Then every 30 seconds until light golden brown. Be careful not to burn!)
- Mix together sprinkles, nuts and toasted coconut.
- Insert lollipop sticks into banana half.
- Brush yogurt on banana generously with silicone pastry brush, including underside of banana where you inserted the stick.
- Sprinkle coconut mixtures over bananas. Enjoy immediately or freeze for at least four hours for a frozen snack!
This snack is healthy and fun!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 10 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Frozen Yogurt Fruit Bark Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Ham & Egg Cups // Momma Lew
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Pretzel Bites // We’re Parents
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Covered Pretzels // Frugal Novice
- Tips for Planting a Kids Vegetable Garden // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Pastelillos de Carne (Puerto Rican Meat Turnovers) // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- 18 Mother-Child Bonding Activities // Step Stool Chef
- Broccoli Mac and Cheese Bites // Vegging at the Shore
- Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteaks // O’Boy! Organic
- Chocolate Milk Mini Fudge Pops // Can’t Google Everything