*I received a sample of the featured product for purpose of this review, however all thoughts remain my own.*
After almost 8 years and 4 babies, I think I have owned about 8 or 9 different strollers. I really lost count. Some new, some used, all have had their moments, but all have had their flaws too. Too big, too hard to fold, no storage, not comfortable. You name it, they have issues. It is funny, but with my first stroller that I received when Danica was just a baby, I really didn’t know what I wanted or needed. Now I know EXACTLY what I want in a stroller and the new Armadillo Stroller in Lemon Drop from Mamas and Papas has it all! I think I can finally get rid of some of the old strollers in my garage. My husband will be so thankful.
First and foremost, the Armadillo is so compact, but yet meets my needs well. Most lightweight compact strollers such as an umbrella stroller don’t offer the comfort or storage that I want in a stroller. The Armadillo has a nice large underneath cargo space, but still folds so unbelievably flat. Not only that, but once folded there is a handle to conveniently pick it up and carry it.
- All-around suspension delivers a smooth ride
- Weatherproof materials, an included rain cover and a large, adjustable canopy with a sun visor help protect baby from the elements
- One-handed folding and opening takes just seconds
- Five-point safety harness with chest pads, a crotch pad and an adjustable height setting keep your little one comfortably secured
- Underneath basket provides convenient storage on the go
- Lockable front swivel wheels offer off-road stability
- Clear peekaboo window lets you look in on baby with ease
- Fully reclining, padded seat offers plenty of wriggle room
- Leg rest is adjustable for extra comfort during sleeps
- Easy-carry handle helps make traveling simple
- Flip-flop friendly brake for easy stop and go
- Travel system compatible with Maxi Cosi Mico, Chicco KeyFit 30 and Aton car seats; car seat adapters sold separately
- Designed for children from birth to 50 lbs.
- Assembled dimensions: 30″L x 21.6″W x 39.5″H (open); 28.3″L x 21.6″W x 11.8″H (folded)
- Product weight: 17.6 lbs.
The stroller came with some very minor assembly required. I had to snap on the brake mechanism and the wheels. I think it took less than 5 minutes and we were ready to roll. Delaney is 18 months old now but she is about the size of a 12 month old baby. The five point harness was easy to adjust to fit her snuggly in place. I later placed my 3 1/2 year old Keegan into the stroller and he fit in perfectly too, with room yet to grow! The leg rest can be raised and the seat back reclined to offer an almost flat sleeping place for when they get sleepy. None of my previous strollers reclined so nicely as this one does. I am sure Delaney will get some nice beauty rest while I take her for long walks with this stroller. The canopy is generously sized to block sun or rain, and it even comes with a clear rain cover which is included (a pleasant surprise as you often have to buy those separately).
By far my favorite part of this stroller is how compactly it folds. I drive a Honda Pilot. While I love it for the 3rd row seat, there is very little cargo room in the back when the seat is up. This is the first stroller I have found (besides a small umbrella stroller) that will actually fit inside the back of my vehicle. LOVE IT!!!
My husbands favorite part is definitely how easily it folds and unfolds. I will say he is stroller folding challenged I think. He has fought to fold and unfold every stroller we have owned. He recently took this stroller on an outing without me and he came back and told me how much he loved how easy it was to fold and unfold. The one handed folding system operated by pulling back the release trigger and twisting the handle. It works great. Once folded there is an auto lock strap that keeps it folded.
I only have 2 small complaints about the stroller. The five point harness pieces fit together like a puzzle and can be slightly frustrating, but not a big deal. And secondly, it does not have a cup holder for me if I have a water bottle or something with me. Nothing a small stroller organizer attached wouldn’t fix.
The Armadillo is available in 5 colors: Lemon Drop, Black Licorice, Blue Indigo, Coral Pop and Stripe.
The Mamas & Papas Armadillo Stroller has a MSRP of $279.99 and is available at a variety retailers including Babies “R” Us, Toys “R” Us and FAO Schwarz and a variety of Specialty Retail stores throughout America. Use the convenient store locator to find a retailer near you, or buy online from mamasandpapas.com or Amazon.