If you are a COOL WHIP fan like I am, you’ll understand why I was curious to try out the new COOL WHIP Frosting. Available in chocolate, vanilla or cream cheese, this easy to spread frosting can be used in place of traditional frosting. And like all COOL WHIP products, they can be found in the freezer aisle.
Because I’m pretty much in love with anything with cream cheese, I decided to make something using COOL WHIP Cream Cheese Frosting.
But what to make? I wanted to celebrate being done with my Christmas shopping so last weekend I created these Spice Cake Bars to share with my family. I used a spice cake mix but it easy to substitute your favorite cake mix so consider other varieties. There are so many great ways to experiment with flavors like chocolate and mint!
- 1 pkg spice cake mix
- 1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
- 1 and ½ cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tub COOL WHIP Frosting - Cream Cheese variety
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two jellyroll pans 10×15 inch pans then put parchment paper and grease the top again. (You want both the bottom and the top to be greased.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, pudding, milk and eggs until well blended.
- Pour batter (approximately 2½ cups per pan) into pans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and then remove, keeping cakes on the wax/parchment paper.
- When completely cooled, add COOL WHIP frosting to top of one layer and flip the other to lay over the top like a sandwich. Remove parchment paper from the top.
- Store in refrigerator.
- To serve, cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
These bars were a big hit, especially with my two boys. My six year old Lucian would ask several times a day for one because he loved them so much. The filling was light and fluffy and had a great flavor with no effort at all. I definitely plan to pick more up to experiment with other recipes! I’d really like to try the vanilla and add other flavors like banana, lemon or orange!
If you are looking for more inspiration using COOL WHIP Frosting, consider some of these scrumptious looking recipes.
- Lucious Lemon Pound Cake
- Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
- No Fuss Turtle Cake
- Caramel Pumpkin Cream Cupcakes
Look for COOL WHIP Frosting at retailers nationwide in the freezer aisle! If you would like to learn more about COOL WHIP, be sure to visit the COOL WHIP Facebook Page.
I have a Reasons to Celebrate prize package worth $100 for one lucky reader to find an everyday reason to celebrate with COOL WHIP Frosting!
- 3 Gratuity coupons for free Cool Whip Frosting (so you can try each flavor!)
- Heart shaped mold tray
- Baking by Flavor – Recipe book by Lisa Yockelson (Bake Sale by Sandra Lee may be substituted)
- Cupcake Liners (designs)
- Stainless Steel Cake Icing Spatula Set by MIU
- Cake Stand plus Cover Set
I am working in partnership with the COOL WHIP brand and I am receiving the same package as being given away as compensation for my participation in this campaign. All thoughts/opinions are 100% my own.