I’m back again with yet another marshmallow recipe post for Mini Chef Monday. I wouldn’t normally make something similar to what I did last week which were these Easter Bunny Marshmallows Pops, but we’ve been having so much fun with marshmallows. I got the itch to share. Take a look at these super fun Chocolate Dipped Sundae Marshmallows and tell me you wouldn’t feel the same?
Adorable, right? Wesley LOVED this project so much!
Because Wesley has been getting some practice on the regular dipping things in chocolate, he has got the process down! (We love the flavor of Ghiradelli white chocolate chipes.)
I like using a 2 cup glass measuring cup for these projects. It works great for melting our chocolate and dipping for these smaller projects.
I wanted a fun rainbow color on these marshmallows, but wouldn’t you know that my “rainbow” sprinkles really didn’t have the colors of the rainbow at all? With several colors missing I turned to non-pariels instead.
Because whipped cream and cherries make everything more fun, we adding some to the tops of our marshmallows. Wesley absolutely loved adding all the cherries on top.
- 8 jumbo marshmallows
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon oil or shortening (optional)
- 8 maraschino cherries with stems, rinsed and dried
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- Microwave white chocolate chips and oil in glass measuring cup (for easy dipping) in 30 second intervals, stirring often, just until fully melted.
- Dip jumbo marshmallows ⅓ or ½ of the way into chocolate.
- Gently shake off excess chocolate.
- Sprinkle chocolate with sprinkles and set on baking sheet to dry.
- Store in airtight container.
- Before serving top with whipped cream and a cherry.
If you can add the whipped cream right before serving you can use a can like we did. If you need it to hold up for a bit, I recommend going with whipped topping. Whipped cream will start to melt and lose its shape fast, even if it isn’t hot.
Fun, aren’t they? They would be perfect for any special occasion including birthdays!
What have you and your mini chefs been up to?
New Facebook Group
What have you made recently with your mini chefs? Be sure to join our Mini Chef Mondays Facebook group to take part in the discussion!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started and how to link up!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate, link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Healthy Mac and Cheese Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Original Rice Krispies Treats // Momma Lew
- Homemade Chicken Meatballs // We’re Parents
- Mini Pizza Pot Pies // Frugal Novice
- Alphabet Snack H is for Hippo // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Peep S’Mores Bites // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Teach Your Kids to Cook THIS Spring Break // Step Stool Chef
- Easy to Make Hamantaschen // Vegging at the Shore
- Turn Recipes into Memories with a Keepsake Cookbook // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Whole Wheat Pretzel Bites // O’Boy! Organic
- Carrot Cake Dip with Easter Bunny Chips // Can’t Google Everything