My husband and I love going to Texas Roadhouse. He goes for the steak, but it is the rolls with cinnamon butter that draw me. I love them! Nothing beats fresh rolls right out of the oven. It is my little bit of heaven, even if they are a bit addicting. Jason Meller shares this copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls recipe with cinnamon butter so you can enjoy this treat at home!
You could do this without a stand mixer, but the dough hook makes this job so much easier! If you don’t have a stand mixer, I highly recommend one. I love my Kitchenaid Artisan in Green Apple. The dough hook helps so much with making bread.
Look delicious,don’t they? Try them out and let me know what you think!
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast, 2 ¼ teas.
- ¼ cup warm water, about 100 degrees
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¼ cup + 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 ½ -4 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ___Cinnamon Butter Ingredients
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat milk to 180 degrees n a pot on the stove or microwave safe bowl or measuring cup in the microwave.
- Remove the milk from heat and add the butter. Let cool to 120 degrees.
- Dissolve yeast with 1 teaspoon sugar in the warm water.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a stand mixer bowl add the yeast, milk, sugar, salt and 1 cup flour.
- Combine with whisk or paddle attachment.
- Add egg and beat until combined.
- Add 2 more cups of flour one at a time scraping down the sides and mixing after each addition.
- Change to dough hook and add flour ½ cup at a time on low speed until dough forms and pulls away from the sides.
- Knead the dough with the dough hook on medium until the dough is smooth, 3-4 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl with oil or cooking spray.
- Lightly dust counter with flour and turn dough out. (Be sure to dust your hands as the dough will be sticky.)
- Form the dough into a ball and place in greased bowl.
- Turn over once to oil both sides of the dough. Cover and place in a warm place at least 1 hour or until doubled in size. I put it in the oven with the inside light left on.
- Turn out on to a well-floured surface. Dust a rolling pin with flour and roll out to ½ inch thick. Using a dough scraper or pizza cutter cut out rectangles of dough about 2x3 inches.
- Take the rectangles and fold the short edges under, meeting in the middle to make a rounded shape on top.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet; cover and let sit until doubled, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (Make sure to remove the rolls if you are letting them rise in the oven.)
- Bake at 350 degrees F until deep golden brown, 11-13 minutes. Remove and brush with melted butter.
- Serve warm with cinnamon butter.
- Cinnamon Butter Instructions:
- Cream together ingredients in medium bowl. Enjoy on warm rolls.
I hope you love this copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls recipe. And if you like copycat recipes, be sure to check out my Copycat Zuppa Toscana soup recipe from Olive Garden. It is absolutely delicious!
Love rolls but just don’t have the time? Give these super easy Homemade Drop Biscuits a try! You can have these on your table in 20 minutes with just a few ingredients on hand. (No yeast or kneading required!)
Have fun making copycat Texas Roadhouse rolls!