Skin care is not my strongest suit. I go through phases where I try new products with mixed results and end up going back to my bar of non-antibacterial soap in the shower. I know I am not doing my face any favors by treating it this way, but showers alone are a luxury with 4 kids. Now that I am getting older, I start to see that my face definitely needs a little more attention as my skin is drying out and wrinkles are starting to form. Olay recently gave me the opportunity to pamper myself with their line of Fresh Effects products new at Walmart.
I was just giddy to give myself a micro-facial with their products. I got to try:
- Va-Va-Vivid!– Powered Contour Cleansing System: This powerful brush with super-soft, supple bristles gently massages your skin for a healthy-looking glow and a full-face cleansing.
- Shine, Shine Go Away!– Shine Minimizing Cleanser: This cleanser has all the purifying power of a mask, but lathers and rinses like a daily cleanser to remove 2X more dirt, oil, and make-up than basic cleansing.
- Bead Me Up!– Exfoliating Cleanser: Foaming bubbles and exfoliating microbeads come together to gently purify and lift away dirt, while softly scrubbing your skin for a beautifully fresh, healthy look.
- S’Wipe Out!– Refreshing Make-up Removal Cloths: These special pre-moistened cloths are covered in cottony-soft cleansing pockets to lift away dirt and makeup – even waterproof mascara – in a flash.
- Long Live Moisture!– Satin Finish Lotion: Lose the shine and get satiny active moisturizers keeping your skin soft and smooth for up to 24-hours!
- BB Cream!– Skin Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer with Sunscreen: An all-in-one solution for instantly brighter-looking, smoother-feeling, more even skin tone.
When I was younger (before kids) I LOVED giving myself facials so this made me very excited to try the Va-Va-Vivid powered cleansing brush. The small brush has soft rubbery bristles which vibrate on your skin working the cleanser in. I was extremely skeptical about this product, but it REALLY seemed to work. I have always been extremely self conscious about the pores on my forehead and nose, and I feel like this really worked to clean and minimize them.
I used the cleansing brush with the Shine, Shine Go Away cleanser and I thought it worked great for cleansing my face. I did not necessarily notice a difference in the shininess of my face, but it was definitely an effective cleanser.
On days that I didn’t have time to do a micro-facial with the cleansing brush, I used the Bead Me Up Exfoliating Cleanser. I often just bring it into the shower and exfoliate my face while in there. I love the gentle exfoliating effect that it had as it was not too course like some exfoliating scrubs I have tried.
When I washed in the evenings I applied the Long Live Moisture satin finish lotion on my face after the cleansing. I LOVE this moisturizer. My face was so soft and smooth after the combination of the cleansing with the brush and the moisturizer. I literally could not stop touching my face it was so smooth. I actually wanted my husband to touch my smooth face instead of shying away.
After washing my face in the morning, I applied the BB Cream skin perfecting tinted moisturizer with sunscrean (broad spectrum SPF 15). Unfortunately we haven’t had much sun lately so I can’t speak to the effectiveness of the sunscreen. I will say that I believe the tinted cream evened out my skintone slightly, but not as much as I hoped it would. Still, it was an very effective moisturizer.
For the days that I was really tired at the end of the day and didn’t have time for either cleanser, I used the S’wipe Out Make-up removal cloths. This way I was at least able to wipe away the dirt and make-up at the end of the day even if I didn’t have time for a full facial. I love the convenience of this and the wipes are a great size at 7.8 in by 6.2 in.
After a couple weeks of use I definitely feel like my pores were minimized, my skin was smoother and softer, and my skintone slightly more even. I was definitely impressed with this line of products and will continue using them. All of the products have a pleasant clean smell, not to perfumy which I love as strong smells make me sneeze.
Olay wants to know, which of the Olay Fresh Effects products is your favorite and how does it fit into your daily beauty routine?
Olay Fresh Effects are now available at Walmart stores nationwide!
Disclosure: Olay Fresh Effects products and information have been provided by Olay, however all thoughts are 100% my own. Olay does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statements or product claims made here, nor does it endorse any opinions expressed within this blogsite.