Everyone has a moment in life that didn’t quite go right. Take a moment and I’m sure you can come up with a few. (Save those thoughts for the sweepstakes info below!) If you could plan your wedding again, would you change anything? The dress, the colors, the flowers, the groom… no no no just kidding Nate. You know I wouldn’t change that choice! (Who’d trade in a man who looks at you like this?)
When I started my dream dress search I had a vision of a beachy style dress, flowy and beaded. Sometimes our vision doesn’t match the body God gave us. What I decided on instead was perfect. It became my dream dress in an instant.
So much of that day was perfect. The man. The location. The ceremony music. The friends and family celebrating with us. The bubbles. My 7-month old niece and one and a half year old nephew going down the isle in a wagon (yes mom, they made it down the isle!) What would I change?
Today I would have so many amazing friends to add to the list of bridesmaids! The flowers? I won the battle to get the white stephanotis (love!) and orange/yellow roses, but the color of the calla lillies turned out to be a rusty brown/orange instead of the bright raspberry I asked for. Today I have friends who are pure artists when it comes to wedding flowers. The cake? I asked for smooth, white fondant on the cake and got white butter cream. At least it tasted great and was still beautiful. Today I live in a city with more than one bakery (that know what fondant IS). And then there was the DJ. He showed up two hours late! My cousin got things started with the CDs that my brother had in his car. Our first dance was Norah Jones, “I Don’t Know Why”. That song is about a woman getting drunk and leaving her man behind! Great first wedding song right? haha. It’s beautiful but not the best lyrics.
With all that said, when the music started, we danced and let the party continue. It really is an example of our marriage. When we hit bumps in the road, some of them massive, we move past them together and keep on dancing. And if I look back on just the title of that song, “I Don’t Know Why”, it fits our life story quite well. I love you Nathan and will keep dancing through life with you regardless of all the little details that might not go as planned. We’ve been through so much in our nine years married. Here’s to many more!
Do you have a do-over moment of your own? Help celebrate the launch of the new Frigidaire Gallery® Dishwasher, which “gets it right the first time”. Visit facebook.com/Frigidaire to submit a moment that you wished you got right the first time around. Whether it’s a bad first date, your own wedding details or a vacation gone wrong, Frigidaire® will help cover the costs for one lucky visitor to carry out the ultimate do-over. And, for each do-over submitted, Frigidaire® will donate $1 to Save the Children.
- Best Cleaning Dishwasher – Exclusive OrbitClean™ Spray Arm provides 4 times better water coverage and a clean no other dishwasher can beat.
- Best Drying Performance – With SaharaDry™, there’s no need to towel-dry before putting dishes away.
- Quietest Dishwasher – Quietest dishwasher, so it won’t interrupt your time at home.
- Energy Saver Plus Cycle – Eco-friendly cycle uses less energy without compromising cleaning performance.
- Built with American Pride – Appliances that are high-performing, more accessible, and more innovative than ever—designed, built, and engineered in the U.S.A.
- Smudge-Proof Stainless Steel – Real Stainless Steel with protective coating reduces fingerprints and smudges so it’s easy to clean.
- NSF® Certified – Sanitize cycle removes 99.9% of common household bacteria.
- Fits-More™ Capacity – Our large capacity, tall-tub dishwasher fits up to 14 place settings so you can wash even more at once.
Win It: $25 American Express Gift Card
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received a small gift for my time to write this post, however all thoughts remain 100% my own.