*This post is brought to you by Dulcoease*
After having three kids my confidence has grown as both a pregnant woman and new mom. The first time around everything was so new, so exciting, so unexpected. And no matter how many books you read, nothing can replace a friend laying it all out with what really happens and what you actually need. While each pregnancy is different, it is great to get firsthand advice from someone else who understands.
If I were to put together a New Mother’s Toolkit to use throughout pregnancy and life as a new mom it would look something like this:
1. Spa Gift Card: While a spa trip might be out of the question after the baby is born, it feels almost essential during pregnancy. I’ve never experienced a massage while pregnant, but I imagine it is heavenly. And from personal experience, I highly recommend getting a pedicure. Your aching feet will thank you and your toes may be one spot on your body that hasn’t changed. Might as well show them off!
2. Dulcolease Stool Softener: Whether you are dealing with constipation during pregnancy or the inevitable issues after giving birth, this is one product you don’t want to go without! (Be sure to check with your doctor first to see if this product is right for you!)
3. Maternity Belly Band or Extra Long Tank: Perfect for extending your wardrobe during pregnancy, a belly band also serves as a great cover up while nursing.
4. Restaurant Gift Cards: For those nights you just can’t bear to cook.
5. Tissues: I never needed tissues more any time in my life than when I was pregnant and shortly after giving birth. From my horrible allergies (and lack of medication) to those baby hormones causing me to cry at everything, this is essential.
6. Maternity Underwear: I know plenty of women use their regular panties during pregnancy but please don’t. You will stretch them out so you can’t use them later without constantly hiking them up (yes, I’ve done this). And trust me when I say that maternity garments are a must have item as they are tailored to the changes your body. The comfort is so worth it.
What would be in your New Mother Toolkit?
Every new mother’s toolkit should include DulcoEase® Pink™, the #1 OB/GYN recommended ingredient* for going #2. So if you are pregnant or breast feeding, ask your doctor if you should think Pink. Find savings on DulcoEase® Pink™ at www.MomsTalkDulcoEase.com!
*Among stool softener ingredients
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of DulcoEase® Pink™. The opinions and text are all mine.