One pan dinners are my favorite during the week. This lemon pepper tilapia sheet pan dinner is not only quick and easy to prepare but also a cinch to clean up. It is also naturally Whole30 and Paleo compliant and also low carb so if you are on a low carb diet or just avoiding carbs in general, this sheet pan dinner recipe is a great option!
How to Make Lemon Pepper Tilapia
To make a sheet pan dinner I line a large baking sheet with aluminium foil and bake everything together. I like to drizzle olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper on my vegetables before roasting so I start with those first. I gently toss the vegetables right on the baking sheet! Why clean more dishes than necessary?
How Long to Bake Tilapia
If you bake your tilapia in the oven at 400 degrees, it will take approximately 15 minutes to cook. Exact timing though really depends upon the size of your fish. For thicker filets it might take a bit longer and smaller filets a bit less. You’ll know your fish is done when it is nice and flaky. I like to broil my tilapia for a minute or two before taking it out of the oven.
I love the flavor of this lemon pepper tilapia and find it also tastes amazing served with rice. These roasted green beans still have a nice crunch to them while the tomatoes literally burst in your mouth. (If you loved roasted vegetables or are eating low carb, try my roasted radishes! They make a great potato substitute.)
I’ve made this meal twice in the past month because it is just so easy and delicious. It works great as leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 4 large fresh tilapia filets (approximately 1½ pounds)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place tomatoes and green beans on foil.
- Drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil over vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss until evenly coated. Spread out evenly on pan, leaving room on one side for fish.
- Pat dry tilapia with paper towel.
- Place tilapia on baking sheet. Drizzle fish with 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil. Massage oil into both sides of fish. Sprinkle front and bake side with sea salt.
- Sprinkle top of fish with lemon pepper seasoning and add one slice of lemon to each filet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (Can broil for last minute or two for a more golden appearance.)
- Top with chopped fresh chives or parsley if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes
If you need more delicious sheet pan recipes that make mealtime painless like this baked tilapia? Check out these dinner ideas as well!
- Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Harissa Chicken Tray Bake
- Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos
- Sheet Pan Chicken Potatoes and Broccoli