Breakfast is huge in this house. My kids are rather picky but the one food everyone can agree is breakfast foods. All of my kids love sausage so it was a no-brainer to partner with Jimmy Dean and try out their fully cooked sausage crumbles. Over the weekend I stepped out of the box a bit and created something absolutely delicious. This open-faced breakfast pie is quick and easy, making it a perfect meal solution.
On a silicone or parchment paper line baking sheet, lay out your pie dough. Prick the bottom a few times to avoid air bubbles. Combine some shredded cheese and your favorite variety of Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles in a small bowl and add it to the center of your crust.
Fold over the edges to create your own little pocket.
- 1 pre-made refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles
- ⅔ cup shredded cheese
- 3 eggs, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix sausage crumbles and cheese together in small bowl.
- On silicone or parchment lined baking sheet, spread out pie crust. Prick bottom a few times with a fork.
- Add sausage and cheese to center of crust and fold over edges to create a pocket.
- Whisk two eggs, milk and salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Slowly pour over sausage and cheese center.
- Prick top edges of crust. Brush with egg white.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm.
If you are looking for more great recipes ideas, be sure to check out Jimmy Dean!
#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Jimmy Dean. This could include Jimmy Dean providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.