If you have ever wondered how to cook brussel sprouts that taste amazing, you’ve come to the right recipe! Growing up I thought I hated brussel sprouts. The only kind I had ever tried were mushy and bland and I didn’t realize that brussel sprouts are amazing if you prepare them properly! While I love them sliced fresh in a salad, oven roasted brussel sprouts are my favorite way to enjoy them. Make oven roasted brussel sprouts with bacon and you’ve taken them to another level!
If you’ve never made oven roasted vegetables, you may be shocked to find just how easy they are to prepare. All you really need is a baking sheet lined with foil, some fresh vegetables, olive oil and salt and pepper. If you want to add some amazing flavor, garlic is a great choice! Sometimes I’ve skipped adding it because I’ve run out of fresh garlic or I’m sort on time. Now I don’t have to!
Ultimate Kitchen Hack:
Pop & Cook is an easy and unique product that offers pre-portioned fresh garlic and herbs with up to a two year shelf life! They flash free their products at their peak of freshness and put them in easy to pop out trays. Awesome, right?
Pop & Cook is a Walmart exclusive so I headed to my local store and found them near the frozen veggies.
I had three varieties available including frozen crushed garlic, chopped cilantro and chopped basil. Other locations carry a wider selection including crushed ginger and sauteed glazed onions.
Simply store your Pop & Cook in the freezer and take them as you need them. You can pop each portion out without disturbing the rest of the packaging.
Why do I love Pop & Cook?
It eliminates having to chop and measure. Pop & Cook is also an affordable and long lasting option for adding fresh flavor and seasoning to my cooking. I feel terrible when my fresh herbs and garlic go bad before I have a chance to use them up. With Pop & Cook I can use frozen herbs and garlic so I never have to worry if I can use it all.
For this recipe, I simply placed the crushed garlic on my baking sheet and made sure to toss my brussel sprouts after cooking to mix in the garlic.
Be sure to place your brussel sprouts in a single layer, cut side down!
Bacon Quick Tip:
You can use also use pre-cooked bacon and add it in or sprinkle over the top before serving. I personally like the added flavor cooking them with the bacon or even wrapping them like this bacon wrapped asparagus, but it will still taste amazing either way.
How to Make Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- 1 pound fresh brussel sprouts, washed, trimmed and sliced in half
- 2 to 3 slices bacon, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cubes Pop & Cook Crush Garlic (2 cloves crushed garlic)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place brussel sprouts on top of baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with freshly ground pepper and salt, to taste.
- Toss brussel sprouts to evenly coat.
- Separate so sprouts are in a single layer with cut side down.
- Add two pop & cook packs or two gloves of crushed garlic.
- Top with bacon.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 25 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked and brussel sprouts are tender and a light golden brown.
- Toss brussel sprouts again to mix garlic and serve.
These oven roasted brussel sprouts with bacon are really so good!!!
Do you have a favorite way to prepare brussel sprouts?
Be sure to head out to your local Walmart and pick up your own favorite Pop & Cook varieties to save you time when cooking!