Typically I enjoy my tea nice and cold, both sweetened and unsweetened. And when I’m looking for something to warm me up on a cold day and get me jump started in the morning I look to my morning coffee. But when I got boxes of the new Lipton Green Tea Superfruit Teas in all three varieties, I started to rethink my routines. I decided to try them warm and the tea that really stood out for me was the Lipton Green Tea Super Fruit Red Goji and Raspberry.
The flavor was especially wonderful when I added a bit of lemon. When I thought about what what I could serve in the morning with a nice cup of warm tea, I immediately thought of a coffee cake. (Who says coffee cake is only good with coffee?) The flavors in this raspberry lemon coffee cake perfectly complement the tea.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) cold butter cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9 inch round cake pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture is crumbly.
- In small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, vanilla and lemon peel. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spread half of batter into pan and top with raspberries. Drop remaining batter in 8 or so dollops on the raspberries, leaving some berries uncovered.
- Bake 33 to 36 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Now I have a nice variation to my morning ritual. A cup of tea can be equally as satisfying as a cup of coffee and certainly just as wonderful warm as cold. Now I look forward to trying this tea out during the hot summer months and pairing it with a picnic lunch such as chicken salad and some fresh fruit. Is it summer yet?
Be sure to look for all the Lipton Green Tea Superfruit flavors including Purple Acai and Blueberry and White Mangosteen and Peach along with my favorite, Red Goji and Raspberry if you are also looking for a something different or simply love a good tea!
The first three to leave me a comment will receive a free box of Lipton Green Tea Superfruit!
Now that I have shared what I would pair with these refreshing Lipton Green Tea Superfruits, I want to know, how do you enjoy your tea?
Share your tea time must haves for a chance to win a year’s supply of Lipton Tea, a tea kettle, a tea box, a mug/saucer set, a travel tumbler and a $50 gift card to Amazon.com!