Last Easter my Mother-in-law made the most wonderful Easter treats. They were like little chocolate birds nests with jelly bean eggs in them. The kids and I couldn’t get enough of them and ate them in no time flat. I knew that I wanted to make them this year and was so happy to find them in some suggested Easter recipes from Nestlés Kitchen.
The best part about the recipe for the Egg-ceptional Easter Nests is that it is SO easy. I had all the ingredients in the house already to make a batch of butterscotch and a batch of chocolate and had them completely made within 10 minutes!
- 1⅔ to 2 cups (11- to 12-ounce package) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Butterscotch or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 (5 ounces each) cans chow mein noodles
- 30 to 60 NESTLÉ NestEggs, any flavor
- LINE trays with wax paper.
- MICROWAVE morsels in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir in peanut butter until well blended.
- ADD chow mein noodles to morsel mixture; toss until coated. Using ice cream scoop that measures about 2 rounded tablespoons, scoop and drop onto prepared trays then immediately shape into nests. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving, place one or two NestEggs in each nest. Store prepared nests in covered container for up to 1 day.
The recipe says to place NestEggs in the nests before serving and I did that for some of the nests I used Nestlé Crunch and Butterfinger NestEggs, but I also did some with New Wonka Laffy Taffy Jelly beans and Nerds Jelly Beans. For the Jelly Bean ones I added the Jelly Beans to the nests while the chocolate was still wet so they stick to the nests.
The boys and I also made some delicious Jelly Bean Easter Bark using the Wonka Laffy Taffy Jelly Beans and Nerds Jelly Beans I received. It makes a very sweet treat that the kids love and again was VERY easy to make. Kurtis and Keegan loved helping me put the Jelly Beans on top!
Nestlé has more sweet Easter recipes using their delicious products including:
Sadly, I have already eaten most of my Easter Nests already, so I will just have to make more before Easter!
Create a one-of-a-kind family tradition at this year’s Easter egg hunt with camouflage WONKA Hard2Find Egg Hunt—hide the concrete, grass or bark look alike eggs from your guests. These eggs are sure to make your egg hunt unforgettable!
I simply cannot wait to use these eggs and make them all work a little harder for their Easter treats this year! I know they will all get a kick out of them. Each egg comes prefilled with either Nerds, Laffy Taffy, or SweetTarts.
The Easter Bunny is also ready to fill baskets with Nestlé treats including Nestlé Crunch Bunnies. Each Bunny is 4.5 oz made from Solid Milk Chocolate with Crisped Rice. I am drooling just thinking about them! I only hope my children are kind enough to share with Mom (I know they will).
Nestlé and Wonka Seasonal products are available at retailers nationwide.
Disclosure: I received samples for the purpose of this post however all thoughts remain 100% my own.