My family loves pasta but I was looking for something other than red sauce. And although I love alfredo sauce, my husband isn’t a huge fan so I knew I needed to try something else. When I saw Philadelphia Cooking Creme recently I thought it would be perfect for my family, especially since my husband loves cream cheese!
I simply modified the Chicken Primavera recipe on the back of the package to work for the italian sausage I already had thawed.
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cups frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 container Philadelphia Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Creme - Italian
- 2 cups cooked penne pasta (or other pasta favorite)
- Parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Saute italian sausage in large skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain italian sausage once sausage is fully cooked. Add frozen vegetables and cook 4 minutes or until vegetables are heated. Stir in cooking creme and cook additional 3 minutes. Add pasta and stir. Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
This recipe was a big hit with my husband and I and even my usual picky son Warren loved it. I was just happy for a change and look forward to trying some of the other Philadelphia Cooking Creme blends.