I’ll admit it. I don’t have a “smart phone” yet. I work from home and it’s one of the things that was sacrificed in order to be a stay at home mom. There are times that I wish I had access to some of the amazing perks though. Target is harnessing the power of smart phone technology this year. Each of the top toys will have a QR code that can be scanned to purchase the toy directly using a mobile device and ship it for free to anyone, anywhere in the U.S! Now THAT is something to get excited about!
No more sneaking a toy into the cart and burying it under your jacket with hopes that 1) security won’t get suspicious and 2) your little one won’t notice! Simply scan the code and wait for Santa, I mean Target, to deliver it to your front door!
“Target is the ultimate destination for toy shopping this holiday season. Not only do we have the hottest toys, we are helping guests shop the way they want – in stores, online and directly from their mobile devices,” said Stephanie Lucy, vice president of toys, Target. “Our in-store QR codes for this year’s top toys will add real convenience for busy moms. Now, rather than hoping the kids won’t notice when a gift is slipped into the cart, guests can scan the QR codes to buy top toys and have them shipped anywhere for free.”
I think my daughter (3.5) would love the Hasbro® BABY ALIVE Baby Wanna Walk. To be honest I was hoping nobody would get her the previous Baby Alive doll who eats and wets. Who needs more diapers to change? This adorable doll has a much more parent-approved function, walking! She has lots to say, too, with more than 40 fun phrases and sounds like “Hold on tight!” and “I did it!”
Target Unveils Top 20 Toy List
You’re sure to find a gift for boys and girls of every age with Target’s Top Toy list featuring Target exclusives and brand favorites like Hasbro®, LEGO®, LeapFrog® and Mattel®.
9 Months to 2 Years:
· Hasbro® PLAYSKOOL Rockitivity Walk ‘n Roll Rider
3 to 4 Years:
· Just Play™ Bounce Bounce Tigger
· Hasbro® BABY ALIVE Baby Wanna Walk
5 to 7 Years:
· Hasbro® FURBY
· HEXBUG® Warriors Battle Zone Playset
· Mattel® Hot Wheels® Wall Tracks Power Tower® Track Set
· Fisher-Price® Imaginext® Eagle Talon Castle
· Leap-Frog LeapPad2 Explorer Exclusive Bundle (Target exclusive)
· LEGO® Friends Emma’s Horse Trailer (Target exclusive)
· Mattel® Barbie Photo Fashion Doll
· Mattel® Monster High® Scary Tales Doll (Target exclusive)
· MGA Entertainment® Lalaloopsy Harmony B. Sharp
· Hasbro® NERF N-Strike Elite Hail-Fire Blaster
· Hasbro® Spider-Man Dual Action Web Shooter
8 and Up:
· Spin Master Air Hogs® Hover Assault
· MEGA Brands® HALO 4 Warthog Vehicle
· Hasbro® BEYBLADE: METAL FURY DESTROYER DOME
· Hasbro® BOP-IT Smash
· Hasbro® EASY BAKE Ultimate Oven
· LEGO® Super Heroes Batwing Battle Over Gotham City
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) serves guests at 1,772 stores across the United States and at Target.com. The company plans to open its first stores in Canada in 2013. In addition, the company operates a credit card segment that offers branded proprietary credit card products. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $3 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit Target.com/hereforgood.
I have a Hasbro® BABY ALIVE Baby Wanna Walk ($42.49) to give away to one lucky reader!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received a sample however all thoughts remain 100% my own.