Spring is almost here! I really can’t wait. Unfortunately I live in Minnesota where spring takes a bit longer to arrive. But that is ok. I can still celebrate the arrival of more sunlight and the promise of warmer weather to come. A great way to do that is with a strong start to my morning including a cup of coffee and nutritious breakfast. With that in mind I created this Tropical Smoothie Bowl, complete with a fruit and granola sun to brighten my day. I even added a secret ingredient for a pop of honey flavor!
Smoothie Ingredients Shopping Trip
Smoothie Recipes with Yogurt
Tropical Smoothie Secret Ingredient
To add a hint of honey flavor to my tropical smoothie, I added a tablespoon of Coffee-mate® natural bliss®Honey Cream as my secret ingredient.
My kids absolutely devoured this tropical smoothie bowl and loved the flavor combination and different textures. I’ll definitely be making this one again soon.
- ½ cup chopped mango (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup chopped pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup whole milk vanilla yogurt (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Coffee-mate® natural bliss®Honey Cream
- ¼ cup granola
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- additional sliced mango, pineapple and mandarin oranges
- Blend mango, pineapple, strawberries, yogurt and cream until smooth in blender.
- Pour into bowl.
- Top with sliced mango, pineapple and mandarin oranges in the shape of a sun (if desired)
- Pour granola into center of top.
- Sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Serve immediately.