My kids always love giving homemade gifts. Whether it be something special they made for me at school, a picture they can present to grandparents or homemade food gifts, they feel proud to give away something they created. Following on the candy cane theme from last week, Wes and I made these super simple Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes for gift giving. They perfectly pair with the coffee gift basket I made. All that is missing is some cocoa mix!
This recipe is a great fit for kids of all ages.
The extra small marshmallows are a whimsical touch. Wes loved adding those and snacking on a few after we finished.
If you are dipping other items in chocoolate, these candy canes are a great way to use up whatever leftover chocolate you have. Not much is necessary and they are easy to dip.
I had some leftover Rudolph candy cane treats from our Reindeer Candy Cane Pops last week. I had made a few without sticks, just in case the stick didn’t hold up the reindeer. (They did.)
How cute are these paired together?
- 15 mini candy canes
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips (or your favorite kind of chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- ¼ cup Kraft Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits Marshmallows
- Melt chocolate chips and oil in microwave, just until melted. Stir.
- Dip candy canes ½ way up.
- Place dipped candy canes on lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a few marshmallows over the top.
- Dry completely.
- Store in airtight container, box or cellophane bag.
While I served ours with cocoa, these chocolate dipped candy canes taste great on their own as a special treat or with coffee! I especially love it hanging over the side of this fun mug from Caribou Coffee.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 5 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls Rice Krispies // Courtney’s Sweets
- Easy Christmas Snacks That Look Like Christmas Trees // Eating Richly
- Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Mini Cannolis 3 Ways // Vegging at the Shore
- Salt Dough Christmas Trees // My Mini Adventurer