After just giving birth to my third son only 10 days ago, the last thing on my mind is really what to make for dinner. Which is why when dinner roles around my husband and I have been typically staring at each other asking, “What should we have for dinner?” I loathe this question and I know I’m not alone. This was the perfect time to try out this Beef Enchilada Bake because it is what I was looking for. This is a a meal that is quick, filling and has very little clean up.
How to Make Beef Enchilada Bake
This recipe only requires a few key ingredients. You’ll need ground beef, cream of chicken soup, Velveeta cheese, corn tortillas and a can of Ro*tel diced tomatoes and green chilies. After browning the group beef, stir in soup and cubed cheese. In a square baking dish you layer this casserole much like lasagna before covering then baking for 25 minutes.
I added some chopped green onion to the top for some extra color and flavor. Other great toppings would be sour cream, black olives, lettuce, crushed tortilla chips, etc. Anything that would taste good on enchiladas would taste great on this dish.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1-1/4 cups (8 oz.) cubed VELVEETA® (1/2-inch cubes), divided
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inch), cut in half
- 1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- chopped green onion for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet. Drain.
- Stir in soup and 1 cup cubed VELVEETA® cheese.
- In an ungreased 8 inch square baking dish, add ⅓ of the meat mixture and cover with 6 tortilla halves and ¼ cup RO*TEL®. Repeat. Top off remaining meat mixture, ROTEL® and ¼ cup VELVEETA®.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
We did have leftovers and I can tell you that this heated up great the next day for lunch!
Do you have a favorite weeknight recipe that is easy like this beef enchilada bake?