*Thank you to Babies “R” Us and Pampers for sponsoring today’s discussion. All thoughts are my own.*
While my youngest has recently turned three (gasp), it feels like almost yesterday I brought him home. The first few months after he was born was such a whirlwind. Between not getting enough sleep and trying to juggle my two older boys as well, I had to let more things go. I stopped worrying so much about the little things so I could really enjoy this special time with my baby. One thing I learned quickly was that I didn’t want to lug around a huge diaper bag with me everywhere. Instead, I opted for a minimal amount of items that were versatile and kept me prepared without weighing me down. Here are my 5 must-have items in your diaper bag.
1. Muslin Swaddle Blankets: I didn’t discover these until my third child, but I couldn’t live without them! Muslin swaddling blankets get softer with every wash and can serve many functions. Use them as a blanket for baby, burp cloth, breastfeeding cover up, or even as protection from the elements when draped over a stroller. I loved aden + anais. And because they are so thin, they don’t take up much space!
2. Pacifier: All three of my babies stopped using a pacifier at 6 months, but for the first few months, they were a lifesaver. Never leave home without one and another to spare (just in case).
3. Pampers Wipes: I’ve tried several brands of wipes, but I always go back to Pampers. They are super soft, yet strong and come in such fun packaging. Besides using them for cleaning my sweet baby’s bum, I also used them for cleaning surfaces when out and about!
4. Change of Clothing: I always prefered to pack layers when it came to extra outfit. I like those that are comfortable and work well year round. Carter’s is a favorite brand that offers quality at an affordable price. A three piece outfit like this one works well no matter what the weather and won’t take up too much room in a diaper bag.
5. Baby Toy: A great rattle is a must-have for any baby. My little guy’s favorite was a sun from Tiny Love. Not only was it easy to grip and made a great sound, but it also offered textured sun rays for chewing.
All of these must-have items can be purchased in one place: Babies“R”Us! They can be your trusted adviser in helping through each and every journey – literally – as new parent!
Babies “R” Us and Pampers are teaming up to reinforce confidence into new moms as they begin to settle into a routine with baby. Leaving the house for a quick trip isn’t as simple as it sounds – not with a newborn. Now, a simple outing to the store or to a friend’s house for a playdate is something you need to prepare for. Babies“R”Us wants to be there every step of the way and provides an amazing assortment of everything you’ll need for when you’re “on the go” with your baby. From car seats to strollers and diaper bags that benefit from being filled with Pampers diapers and wipes, Babies“R”Us has the variety and expertise to give you the confidence of an experienced mom right from the start.
In-Store Offers at Babies“R”Us:
From May 3 – May 16
- Duracell Coppertop AA & AAA 8-pack @ $6.49
- Duracell Coppertop D4 pack, C4 pack, 9V2 pack @ $6.99
- Quantum AA 6-pack, AAA [email protected] $6.49
From May 24 – May 30
- All Duracell Buy One, Get 2nd 40% Off
From May 1 – May 31
- $5 off Dreft 150 oz
Also be sure to check in store for special offers on Pampers all month long! Visit the store locator to find a location near you!
I want to know your must-have diaper bag items! One lucky reader will win a special prize pack which includes:
- $50 Babies “R” Us gift card
- Two packages of Pampers Wipes
- Babies “R” Us changing station pad
- Babies “R” Us 2-in-1 food tote