Easter is coming up and it is time to consider what to make for this holiday dinner. My mom goes all out, making a huge spread that always makes my mouth water. I’m great at bringing awesome desserts and appetizers, but I don’t even think about bringing vegetables as my contribution. Maybe I should consider changing things up a bit with these dill glazed carrots from Merissa Alink. Any vegetable that includes a brown sugar glaze is a winner in my book. And lets be honest, butter makes everything better.
- 3 cups pre-sliced carrot chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place carrot slices in large saucepan and cover with water. (You can cut your own carrots if desired.)
- Cook on a medium heat until the carrots are tender.
- Add butter, brown sugar, dill, and salt and pepper.
- Stir all the ingredients until the carrots are coated and the sugar has melted into the butter.
- Serve warm.
What a quick and easy way to spruce up your carrots for any meal.
I’ve never tried glazed carrots with dill, but I’m itching to try them after looking at these photos. I think they would go great with my favorite Bacon-Wrapped Tenderloin recipe. Don’t forget other sides like this Watergate Salad with toasted coconut, another Easter favorite.
Thanks Merissa for sharing your recipe!