If your toddler suddenly says, “Eeeeewwww…icky” and then looks up at you with his big brown eyes and his hands out before you with a sticky brown substance, you know it might be time to grab the camera.
I can think of a couple of bright spots in my son’s diaper diving incident.
1. He thought it was icky and therefore:
- He told me about it right away.
- He didn’t touch anything.
- He didn’t eat it and I’m really thankful about that!
2. This makes for a good story because:
- I can tease him about this later in life.
- I took pictures and can share with future girlfriends.
- I get to blog it.
- It causes me to scratch my head in wonder at all the issues lately with Warren and poop. (see here)