Now that it is the end of October, it is time to start thinking of our holiday decor. With a little ingenuity, you can come up with creative ways to decorate your home using some inexpensive materials. This Holiday Heart Wreath with Frame from Katie Femia is a perfect example of creating a unique but affordable holiday wreath for your home. Remove the holly and you can keep this wreath up through Valentine’s Day as well. You can always switch up the stems or ribbon to better match your own decor. A gold ribbon and metallic accents for example would also be beautiful! Thanks to Katie for sharing this tutorial.
- Heart shaped grapevine wreath ($6 at Michael’s Craft Store)
- Wooden Frame
- Red ribbon
- Faux frosted evergreen stems (About 4, $2.99 each at Michael’s)
- Hot glue, glue gun
1. Set your frame aside. First you will be creating the heart portion.
2. Cut off the 4-5 inches of the frosted evergreen stems so all that is left is the bunch of greenery and about 3 inches of stem. Wire cutters or scissors will work for this. Just make a cut and bend until the stem separates.
3. Bend the stems to fit the shape of the wreath. You will use 1-2 stems on each side of the heart. If you want, bending the stem into a candy cane shape works well.
4. Secure the stem to the grapevine wreath with hot glue. Hold it in place until secure.
5. Continue to add greenery stems until the wreath is covered.
6. Tie the top of the wreath with a length of red ribbon. Tie it to the top of the frame.
7. Finish off the piece by tying on an additional length of ribbon and tying it into a bow.
Your holiday heart wreath with frame is now ready to be displayed. Step back and enjoy your handiwork!