I love to make homemade granola. If you’ve never tried it, you’d be surprised just how delicious it can be when it comes fresh from your oven. This recipe for Homemade Trail Mix Granola Bars from Kristal Smith is a great way to enjoy that granola taste you love! These no-bake bars are a healthier option than traditional candy bars purchased at the store and the kids can enjoy helping you make them. You can easily switch it up with your favorite mix-ins and flavors to suit your tastes!
- 2 cups trail mix
- 2 cups granola
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil (or butter)
- In a saucepan bring the coconut oil and honey to a medium heat and stir together as it melts and begins to foam a bit.
- After the mixture starts foaming for about 10 seconds, pour the trail mix and granola in and stir.
- Remove from the heat.
- Transfer mixture to a 13x9 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper and press the mixture down until it has a uniformed thickness over-all.
- Cover the top with another piece of parchment paper and place into the fridge for 2 -3 hours before cutting into bars.
Sometimes the bars won’t cut exactly perfect, so if it cuts out in pieces like peanut brittle, that’s OK too. Consider dipping your bars into chocolate after they’ve been cooled and cut for some added sweetness.
You can add or take away pretty much any ingredient except the couple ingredients that make everything stick together. Choose a trail mix that includes your favorites or add additional candies, nuts, chocolate chips or dried fruit..
If you love homemade granola like I do, be sure to check out two of my favorite recipes including: