A couple of years ago I went on a cruise and received a full body massage and sugar scrub. My skin felt so soft afterwards that I’ve been meaning to invest in a sugar scrub. With such cold and dry winters here in the frozen tundra, this is one item my body needs, but one I’m reluctant to spend the money on. Now that I know that I regularly have all the ingredients I need to make my own sugar scrub, why buy it? If you’ve never made a one, it is super easy! I decided to mix three of my favorite scents to make this Vanilla Orange Mint Sugar Scrub.
Pinterest is a great source for awesome scrub recipes. I was inspired by this sugar scrub which has over 10k repins. Unfortunately I don’t have orange or peppermint essential oils so I’ve remade this scrub using peppermint extract and grated orange peel instead as part of #PinterestRemakes. (This is my chance to team up with some other bloggers where we remake something that inspired us on Pinterest.)
- 2½ cups sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil (liquid form)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange peel
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Mix all ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Store in airtight container.
- To use, gently rub generous amount on skin.
- Rinse of with warm water.
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Berry Sipper Mocktail by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Starbucks Cup Gift Card Holder by Homemaking Hacks
- Ice Lanterns by Upstate Ramblings
- Lip Scrub by Mom Always Finds Out
- The Best Homemade Vanilla Extract by How Was Your Day?
- The Best Crockpot Chili Recipe by Food Fun Family
- Vintage Cheddar and Gruyere Mac and Cheese with Polish Kielbasa by A Day in Motherhood
- Flourless Brownies with Craisins and Pistachios by Day by Day in Our World
- DIY Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Tiger Nut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies by Home and Garden Cafe
- Bang Bang Chicken by Jennifer Sikora
- Frozen Banana Yogurt Peanut Dog Treats by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Oatmeal by Sincerely Mindy
- Garlic Monkey Bread Recipe by Gator Mommy
- Valentine’s Day Strawberries by Sizzling Eats
- All Natural 2 Ingredient Lip Gloss by The Socialite’s Closet
- Pantry Tomato Pasta by The Guavalicious Life
- How to Make Strawberry Pecan Bread by Mommy Snippets