One thing that many people know about me is my love for cheesecake. I pretty much think cream cheese is up there with the best stuff on earth. Right next to bacon, blended coffee drinks and cinnamon bears although not necessarily together. 🙂 But standard cheesecake is not only very fatty but isn’t the cheapest or quickest dessert to make. Sometimes a treat like these Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars are exactly the thing to curb a craving. They are super quick and easy to make and taste absolutely scrumptious!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs, divided
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, extending the ends over the sides of the dish.
- In large microwave safe bowl, melt butter in microwave (approximately 1 minute).
- Add cake mix and one egg. Beat with mixer until well blended.
- Press ⅔ of the cake mixture onto bottom of foil lined pan.
- With electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
- Add remaining egg, zest and juice and mix well. Pour over crust.
- Top with blueberries.
- Pinch small pieces of the remaining cake mix mixture between your fingers. Gently press into cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 48 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Use foil edges to lift dessert from pan. Cut into bars. Keep refrigerated.
Because the pan is foil lined, it makes it so simple to cut these bars. I love this trick for all types of bars! Happy baking!