I am a visual learner. If someone can show me how to do something, I better understand and remember it later than if someone simply sends me written instructions. That was never more apparent than when I wanted to learn how to crochet when I was seven and my mom bought me a how-to book since she had no clue how. It was so confusing. Needless to say I never graduated beyond the chain stitch, no matter how hard I tried. Now with YouTube, I know I could learn easily just by watching some videos and practicing. The same goes for most kids. Learning with hands on activities is not only more fun, but easier for kids to stay focused and and retain what they learn. Why not teach our kids in a way they can enjoy? Stephanie Oswald put together this fun list of 15 ocean activities for kids that will make learning about the ocean fun for any child!
Ocean Activities for Kids:
- Sea Life Sensory Bin from Parenting Chaos
- Frozen Ocean Rescue from Mama Papa Bubba
- Ocean Layers from I Can Teach My Child
- Ocean Animal Movements from Toddler Approved
- Sea Shell Snack and Play from Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Shell Shaker from The Boy and Me
- Underwater Diorama from Learn with Play at Home
- Fine Motor Octopus from Buggy and Buddy)
- Sea Life Gelatin Play from Fun at Home with Kids
- Octopus Ink Science Experiment from Learn Play Imagine
- Counting Pearls for Shells from Rockabye Butterfly
- Sea Shell Letter Match from And Next Comes L
- Sand Dollar Cookies from Diamonds for Dessert
- Fishbowl Counting Mats from Preschool Toolbox
- Coffee Filter Sea Horse from Planet Smarty Pants
I especially love the ocean layers, sand dollar cookies and coffee filter sea horse from this list and definitely want to try them out.
Which of these ocean activities for kids will you try first?