Breakfast on the weekend gives my family the perfect opportunity to try something more deluxe and filling to start our day. This past weekend I challenged my husband to use VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® to create a breakfast and together we came up with something that turned out amazing! A different take on eggs benedict, this open faced breakfast sandwich was a winner and my husband honestly couldn’t stop raving about it. I was pleasantly surprised just how much I enjoyed it as well! This recipe can easily be matched to suit your own personal tastes but the additional flavors given off by the VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® together was what really put it over the top!
Looks awesome doesn’t it? Well it was.
- 4 oz VELVEETA®, cubed
- ¼ cup RO*TEL® Diced Tomatoes in Green Chilies (undrained)
- 2 bagels
- 4 eggs
- steak (cut up and cooked to suit your tastes)
- ⅛ cup diced green onion
- sour cream (for garnish)
- In a microwave safe bowl add VELVEETA® and add RO*TEL®. Heat in microwave until fully melted, stirring after each minute.
- Meanwhile, prepare eggs to your liking (we poached ours).and toast or grill bagel if desired.
- Assemble open faced sandwich starting with bagel on bottom. Add a thin layer of the cheese mixture and top with cooked egg, steak, one more layer of cheese mixture and add a dollop of sour cream. Sprinkle with green onion.
- Serve immediately.
Here are some of the steps in pictures if you are like me and love visuals. I’m getting hungry just looking at them!
This recipe can easily be made to feature your breakfast favorites such as bacon, ham, canadian bacon, sausage or even leftover taco meat!
Visit Weeknight Wow to view even more great recipes featuring VELVEETA® and RO*TEL®!
VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® are hosting an amazing sweepstakes to encourage simple, easy weeknight family meals and entertainment ideas. Winners will be picked each week, and the more points you collect the more chances you have of winning! Grand prize winner will receive $15,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.