*This post is brought to you by Kwilt and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.*
I love sharing pictures of my life on social media. I take even more pictures on my phone that I never share online and many that are on only one social platform. I was recently introduced to a new app for my iPhone that allows photo aggregation that is easy to use and a cross-platform experience. You can use this mobile application to access photos streams from multiple platforms into a seamless, elegant destination. It then displays them in a unique mosaic design known as a Kwilt.
Kwilt is the first mobile app to automatically create a personal and complete live digital photo stream by gathering users’ digital images from Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Google+, Google Drive, Dropbox, DLNA Certified® servers, iPhones and iPads. Kwilt reconnects users with their personal photos – often scattered across the web – by bringing them together in one beautifully designed hyper-fast streaming media platform.
Did You Know?
Did you know that 1 in 5 U.S. consumers say they wouldn’t be able to locate specific pictures taken in the last year, according to Ipsos?
Honestly, if a picture isn’t still in my phone or in my Instagram feed, locating it is certainly a challenge. Kwilt solves this problem by streaming users’ pictures from all of their media sources chronologically, by location or by theme, using a unique cloud-indexing engine and optimized streaming technologies to ensure photos are indexed and dynamically available in real time, in one place.
When I first downloaded Kwilt, I found how easy it was to add photos from different sources. After linking up my different social platforms, I was taken through a quick visual tutorial on how to use Kwilt. Within a couple of minutes I already had my own Kwilt photo mosaic started.
- Universal access: Kwilt connects to Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Google+, Google Drive, Dropbox, DLNA Certified® servers, iPhone or iPad.
- Streaming not Storing: Kwilt streams your pictures live, dynamically and in real time, from your favorite photo platforms, without taking up storage capacity on your mobile device.
- Dynamic loading: Once authorized, your images in Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Google+, Google Drive and Dropbox are automatically accessible from your mobile device.
- Platforms: Initially available only on iOS (including iOS 8) an Android version is coming in 2015.
- Customize: Fully customizable albums of pictures assembled from various sources allows for easy curation of photos in any number of unlimited arrangements.
- Enhance and edit: 16 state of the art photo editing tools including stickers and drawing to enhance images for sharing or personal enjoyment. HD editing provides easy, state of the art adjustment tools for stunning photos in minutes.
- Kwilt Capture: photos can be selected and assembled into a Kwilt.
- Kwilt Share and Beam: Individual photos as well as entire kwilts can be shared from the app via social media. Kwilt can also be beamed onto a TV using Airplay, Chromecast, Roku, LG and Panasonic.