The tasks I use dryer sheets for include:
- Dusting. Works great virtually any surface including blinds. They eliminate static cling from your t.v. and computer screen too!
- Air fresheners. Works great for your garbage. Just place a scented one beneath the garbage bag to help eliminate odors. Also works good under car mats, in your pillowcase, hamper, luggage and shoes, anywhere that could use a fresh scent.
- Wipes up soap scum like a dream using a slightly wet used sheet. Think tile in your bathroom or the laundry soap that builds up around the lid of your washer. (I can’t be the only one who dribbles and makes a bit of mess when doing laundry??)
Other uses I’ve just discovered after searching for tips with dryer sheets:
- Hang a sheet to repel mosquitoes.(Watch out this year mosquitoes, you are done for! I’m going to be armed with my big, bad scary dryer sheet. Muhahahah!)
- A sewing needle if run through a dryers sheet will keep the thread from tangling. (Unfortunately the dryer sheet can’t teach me to sew. Darn. I guess I won’t be taking advantage of this tip.)
- Use a sheet to wipe up sawdust easily (My hubby needs this tip since our still in progress playroom has plenty. If the sawdust could be considered confetti we would be having a party in there!)
- A sheet will take odor out of books (Now I just need to find some stinky books…sniff* sniff*)
- Works great with crafts to add texture or as a backing for embroidery.
- Add to the bottom of the kitty litter box or scrub your stinky dog as he comes through the door! Also works good to remove pet hair from your furniture!
Got any more good dryer sheet tips? Feel free to share!