Growing up I wasn’t such a big fan of bugs. At least, certainly not like my middle son Warren. He has no problem picking up any insect and letting it crawl all over him while he observes its behavior. He finds them fascinating which I think it is pretty darn cool. But for me, I have pretty much avoided them my whole life unless it was one I liked. Lady bugs and butterflies always seemed to be an exception. I would never kill either of them if they made the mistake of landing on me. Butterflies are gorgeous and harmless creatures. And there is just something cute about little lady bugs. If you enjoy getting pretty nature inside and doing activities with your kids that are just plain fun and may even teach them a thing or two in the process, try out these 10 Little Lady Bug Activities for Kids.
This round up from around the web includes everything from crafts like the Grouchy Lady Bug Craft and the Paper Mache Lady Bug Craft to learning opportunities like Lady Bug Science and Lady Bug Counting. And if you love spending time in the kitchen with your kids, try the adorable (yet tasty) Lady Bug Pretzels from Meaningful Mama.
- Lady Bug Counting (Modern Preschool)
- Paper Mache Lady Bug Craft (Sparkling Buds)
- Lady Bug Science (The Educators Spin on It)
- L is for Lady Bug (School Time Snippets)
- Lady Bug Pretzels (Meaningful Mama)
- Lady Bug Life Cycle Play Dough (Mom Inspired Life)
- Bug Stones (Red Ted Art)
- Grouchy Lady Bug Craft (Buggy and Buddy)
- Egg Carton Lady Bugs (Preschool Powol Packets)
- Lady Bug Doubles Addition (Still Playing School)
Any of these lady bug activities for kids would be perfect on a rainy day to keep boredom away this summer.
What are your favorite ways to explore nature with your kids?