Did you know it is National Nutrition Month? I know it seems as though every day and every month is something new to celebrate. But nutrition is certainly one worth celebrating. I love fresh fruits and vegetables, but convenience and cost can often hold me back from eating more of them. Salads are my first choice to order in a restaurant, but I don’t make them as often as I could at home. Why not? Thinking on it, I just want to be able to grab something quick and easy. And I don’t want to worry about ingredients going bad before I have a chance to eat them all. Mason jar salads are a great way to to add convenience and portability to salads. It is amazing just how much salad can fit in a single mason jar!
You can make mason jar salads even easier with Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits. With seven unique kits to choose from, you’ll never get bored.
These chef-inspired salad kits offer sophisticated blends of five or more superfoods and include everything needed for a delicious salad. Perfect for those looking for innovative, convenient and healthy eating options that are easy to integrate into busy lives.
Sound delicious? They are!
I’ve had a chance to try most of the salad kits and these are my absolute favorites:
- Eat Smart Southwest Salad Kit contains powerful blend of five superfoods: savoy cabbage, red cabbage, radishes, carrots and kale paired with a chipotle dressing.
- Eat Smart Roasted Yam Salad Kit is a unique blend of eight superfoods that combines roasted yams with bright dried currants and cranberries, kale, red and green cabbage, and Brussels sprouts. It’s topped with the savory nutty crunch of dried sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and a classic custom-made vinaigrette
- Eat Smart Ginger Bok Choy Salad Kit is bursting with fantastic flavors from the Far East. Packed with six superfoods that include sugar snap peas, carrots, Napa cabbage, broccoli, Bok choy and red cabbage, plus peanuts and a ginger sesame dressing.
- Eat Smart Asian Sesame Vegetable Salad Kit contains six superfoods, and includes savoy, red, and green cabbage, carrots and kale. The powerful blend of vegetables is enhanced by preservative free toppings including cashews, sesame sticks and a sweet sesame dressing.
I decided to create a Asian mason jar salad using the newest variety, the Eat Smart Asian Sesame Vegetable Salad Kit. Because this kit contains so many ingredients already, I was able to add just a few tasty additions to have a very deluxe salad!
When layering a mason jar salad, you want to put the dressing on the bottom and the lettuce on the top to avoid wilting. Choose heartier vegetables to go on the bottom that can handle being drowned in dressing like the broccoli, tomatoes and pea pods in my salad.
I especially loved the inclusion of cashews and sesame sticks. If you plan to keep your salad in the fridge for more than a few hours, you will definitely want to store them separately so they stay crunchy.
One Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit was enough to make at least three pint sized mason jar salads. The exact number will depend upon how many additional ingredients you add to the jar.
When you are ready to eat, simply dump your salad contents out. The dressing will automatically be on top.
One pint sized mason jar can hold all the contents shown above. It is amazing how much can fit in a single jar! You can store your mason jar salads in the refrigerator for up to a few days, making it a simple grab and go option.
- 1 Eat Smart Asian Sesame Vegetable Salad Kit
- ⅔ cup broccoli florets
- ⅔ cup cherry tomatoes
- 9 pea pods
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ⅔ cup drained and dried mandarin oranges
- 3 pint sized mason jars
- In a one pint mason jar, divide and layer ingredients in the following order.
- Dressing then broccoli, tomatoes, pea pods, onion slices, oranges and lettuce.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Set sesame sticks and cashews aside and store at room temperature.
- To serve, dump contents out onto plate. Top with cashews and sesame sticks.
This salad turned out so good! The vegetables that had a chance to marinate in the dressing for a couple of days tasted amazing. I love that Eat Smart products are a conveniently delicious way to eat healthy every day. You can get creative with all the salad kits to make your own mason jar creations. Try chopped chicken for an even heartier salad.
Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.