Last summer I discovered this fantastic bacon ranch potato salad from Kraft. It is fabulous for barbecues and picnics and is simple to prepare. I’ve made it several times since and because it is such a family favorite, I wanted to share. If you want to add more color to your salad, you can use more than one color of sweet pepper. For this time I used half of a red pepper and half of a yellow pepper. I love the way it brightens up this salad!
I’ve made a few changes to suit my family’s tastes. Feel free to switch out ingredients for your favorites such as using red onion instead of green onion, add celery or even broccoli. The only thing you won’t want to skip is the delicious dressing, potatoes and bacon. Because you know, bacon makes everything better! It really adds so much to the salad.
- ½ cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- ¼ cup KRAFT Classic Ranch Dressing
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- 3 lb. small red potatoes (approx. 9), cooked, quartered
- 6 slices cooked OSCAR MAYER Bacon
- 1 medium chopped sweet pepper (orange, red or yellow)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In large bowl, whisk Miracle Whip, ranch, pepper and garlic powder until blended.
- Add vegetables and four slices of bacon, crumbled.
- Gently stir.
- Serve immediately or chill.
- Crumble remaining two pieces of bacon over the top right before serving.
You won’t be able to resist the combination of red potatoes, bacon and ranch in this bacon ranch potato salad. And because you don’t have to peel the potatoes, it is quick to prepare. If you manage to keep any for leftovers, know that it tastes just as good the second day as the first.
See the original recipe from Kraft.