What do you do when your strawberries find their way to the back of your refrigerator and end up slightly frozen? You make a drink with them for Mini Chef Mondays of course! With so many fresh fruits available for good prices, we always have a wide variety of fruits available. So Wesley and created this really easy Berry Kiwi Cooler. It is a delicious and fruity drink that is perfect for cooling down on a hot summer day!
Wesley helped me pick out any bad blueberries and cut the tops off the strawberries. I did handle the kiwi while he was working. We make a great team.
We only added 1 tablespoon of honey, but if you like a sweeter drink you can add one more for good measure.
Wesley loves being able to work our Ninja Ultima Blender. It blends through ice like nobody’s business.
- 1½ cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 large kiwi (reserving a few slices for garnish)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups ice
- Place all items in a blender.
- Blend until completely mixed.
- Serve immediately, adding additional fruit for garnish if desired.
Warren came in and was more than happy to try it out. He downed his glass in just a couple of minutes.
What have you been up to your mini chefs this week?
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Yogurt Parfait with Fresh Fruit // Courtney’s Sweets
- Quick and Easy Fudge Recipe // Momma Lew
- Blueberry Lime Cupcakes // We’re Parents
- Cake Batter Ice Cream Recipe // Eating Richly
- Dipped Sprinkled Ice Cream Cones // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Lavender Blueberry Ice Pops // Vegging at the Shore
- Real Fruit Healthy Slushies // O’Boy! Organic
- Fresh Peach Sorbet // My Mini Adventurer