My brother-in-law is getting married to an amazing woman in a few short weeks. Last weekend we threw her a shower and I was in charge of games and the “corsage” which traditionally has involved an arrangement of odds and ends from the home or cute candy bar sayings. Does anyone else have this odd tradition replacing a real flower corsage? Instead of trying to tack together measuring spoons again I thought I’d do a bridal shower veil. I’m not sure which is more embarrassing for the bride to actually wear. I did my best to make it pretty instead of clumsy like the corsage tends to be. Our beautiful bride also has a cute option for the bachelorette party now (I won’t begin to tell you what was attached to the veil I wore on my bachelorette party. Thanks Nicki and Anna!)
Do you have a shower or bachelorette party to plan? Here are a few ideas to get you started on a quick and easy no-sew-veil.
Bridal Shower Veil Supplies:
• Tulle (2 yards : or to length desired)
• Safety pin
• Flower hair band or clip (optional)
Need supplies? Get them shipped directly to you from Amazon!
OurWarm 6 Inch x 100 Yards (300FT) Tulle Roll Spool Tutu Skirt FabricLaRibbons Solid Color Satin Ribbon Asst. #2 – 10 Colors 3/8″ X 5Hip Girl Boutique 40yd (20x2yd) 3/8″ Solid Grosgrain Ribbon Value PackPolka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon-16 Colors of 3/8″Uxcell Beads Faux Pearls Embellished Slim Girls Headband Hair Hoop, White, 0.03 PoundDarice V35231-01 Pearl Beaded Bridal Headband, White, 1-InchWhite 1 Inch Plastic Hard Headband with Teeth Head band Women Girls (MotiqueMeilliwish Camellias Flower Hair Clip and Brooch Pin (Cream) (A74)QingHan Little Girls’ 3.5″ Chiffon Silk DIY Rosette Wedding Flowers Hair Clips BowsLovef 4Pcs Korean Fashion Pearl Hair Rope Rose Flower Hair band Rhinestone HairCanserin Pearls Beads Rose Flower Hair Band Rope Scrunchie Ponytail Holder (Purple)Vovotrade Wedding Hair Accessories Wrist Flower Garland Seaside Holiday Pictures
Note: It is very inexpensive to buy tulle by the yard in the fabric section. It also comes in packages in bridal sections. You can likely get a fancy headband in the bridal section, however I got mine at the dollar store! I wish I could have found this when I was making my actual bridal veil. Consider matching the ribbon and flower to the theme of the shower or the wedding.
- Fold your tulle in half and run the headband through the center. You can adjust the length of the veil at this point if you want the layers off-centered in length or even along the bottom. Two yards puts this one to the bride’s mid-back.
- Wrap your ribbon around the tulle loosely and make the start of a bow.
- Before tying the loops of the bow, take your safety pin and pull it through the tulle and around the ribbon from the bottom of your work (this won’t show because it will be against the brides head.
- Tie your bow over the pin. Trim your ribbon tails to desired length. I left mine long so they trailed just short of the full length of the tulle. You could easily use a white ribbon and trim it short if you want to hide the ribbon a bit more than I did here.
- (Optional) Tie the flower hair band around itself onto the headband (I placed mine along the side so it looked like the bride had a flower in her hair). You could also use a flower clip as an embellishment to keep the headband in place instead of a standard bobby pin.
Here’s our beautiful bride-to-be modeling the finished bridal shower veil on her shower day! Congratulations Brad and Kaylie. I can’t wait to see you on your wedding day.