Thank you to Disney-Hyperion for sponsoring today’s post. All thoughts are my own.
My kids can’t stop asking for another piece of this chocolate cheese fudge. It doesn’t sound like it would be good together but it is an amazing fudge recipe! For years I’ve heard about using Velveeta in fudge and was always intrigued. This week I decided to make it after being inspired by the new book It’s Shoe Time! by Bryan Collier from the Elephant & Piggie Like Reading! series from Mo Willems. It celebrates unique pairings and if chocolate and cheese fudge isn’t unique, I don’t know what is!
A couple of weeks ago we received this fun package in the mail with this new children’s book and shared it on Instagram.
Released in November, It’s Shoe Time! by Bryan Collier is recommended for ages 6-8, making it the perfect new addition to our bookshelf.
Tie your laces. Zip your zippers. And tap your toes. It’s…SHOE TIME!
This lyrical beginning-reader by multi award-winning artist Bryan Collier turns the closet on its heel and redefines what it means to be a pair. Beautifully rendered art paired with rich, rhyming dialog creates a powerful reading experience.
This is yet another fun book to read aloud and my middle son was more than happy to read it to his younger brother. There are a lot of fun puns within this children’s book and since my kids are so “punny” themselves, they loved that aspect!
And of course they always love it when their pals Elephant & Piggie make an appearance!
Not familiar Elephant & Piggie Like Reading! series?
Elephant & Piggie Like Reading! is a beginning-reader series created by Mo Willems, author of the popular Elephant & Piggie book series. Best friends Elephant and Piggie introduce kids to their favorite books – brought to life in original stories created by contemporary children’s book authors and illustrators.
Other books in the Elephant & Piggie Like Reading! series:
- The Cookie Fiasco by Dan Santat (2016)
- We Are Growing! by Laurie Keller (2016)
- The Good for Nothing Button by Charise Mericle Harper (2017)
Be sure to look for all of these titles available in stores nationwide!
Now on to the chocolate cheese fudge recipe!
This fudge comes together pretty easily but I’d recommend sifting your powdered sugar for the smoothest consistentcy. You’ll also want to make sure that your cheese product is fully melted as well.
I lined my pan with aluminum foil so I could remove it for easy cutting later, but be sure to grease this well with cooking spray or butter. I lightly sprayed the bottom of my foil and had still had some sticky spots.
- ½ lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 lb bag confectioners' (powdered) sugar, sifted
- 1?2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- Line a 8 inch or 9 inch square pan with parchment paper or aluminium foil. Spray with a nonstick spray or grease with butter to avoid any sticking.
- Melt butter and cheese in microwave, using 30 second intervals and stirring often until completely melted.
- Add in vanilla.
- In a large bowl mix together cheese mixture, sifted sugar and cocoa.
- Stir until completely mixed.
- Press evenly into pan.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into small squares.
- Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to eat.
This is a super sweet and soft fudge so a little goes a long way. Hope you enjoy this unique combination as much as my family and be sure to pick up your copy of It’s Shoe Time! by Bryan Collier!