Making treats for Halloween can be a fun and easy activity. These super simple Oreo Cookie Spiders are perfect for kids to create their own spiders or are a very easy way to celebrate Halloween. I had a chance to see them in person last week at the BlogEats Blogger Conference from Kraft Foods and fell in love with the simplistic idea! These are sure to be a hit and will look great on display. How can you resist those faces?
- 96 pieces (1-1/2 inches each) black shoestring licorice
- 12 OREO Cookies
- 24 jelly beans in Halloween colors (such as orange, black and purple)
- 2 Tbsp. ready-to-spread chocolate frosting
- Insert licorice pieces in the creaming filling around each side of your Oreo cookie to create spider legs. Secure with frosting if necessary.
- Add frosting to two jelly beans and attached to front for eyes. Repeat with remaining cookies.