On a rainy afternoon last week, I looked for a fun project to entertain my kids. One of my very favorite ways to spend quality time with my boys is to bring them into the kitchen to make something we can enjoy together. These eyeball pudding cups from Kraft Foods were perfect for an afternoon treat. I didn’t have the recommended gum drops and chocolate candies (someone namely my husband had decided to hide the M&M’s for himself-ahem!) so I went with what I had. Instead we used round gummi Lifesavers and chocolate chips for the eyes and Wilton Icing writers.
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding (or chocolate if you prefer)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 4 large gumdrops, cut in half crosswise or other large round candy
- 8 small round candies
- 1 tube (19.28 g) red decorating gel (or tube icing)
- Whisk pudding and milk vigorously for 2 minutes
- Pour into dessert cups and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set
- Before serving add gumdrops and round candies for eyeballs. Use decorating gel or icing to make the eyes appear bloodshot.
My kids loved how they turned out, although now I would make the red lines a bit more squiggly to look more bloodshot. This way I couldn’t help but think they looked a bit like suns!
Disclosure: This recipe can be found at Kraft Foods.