Since receiving the Lands’ End Expedition Parka last year for Lucian, the chance to try out the 4- in -1 Expedition Parka and Expedition Snow Pants was a no brainer for me. I gushed (literally gushed) about this jacket last year and now both my boys are able wear fabulous coats from Lands’ End.
4 in 1 Expedition Parka Features:
- TEMPERATURE RATING: WARMEST -15°/15° Fahrenheit.
- Waterproof, windproof, 3-ply nylon shell, with DriOff™ finish
- Exceptionally warm 600 fill power down liner jacket can be worn on its own
- Down liner jacket is built with zip-off sleeves and converts to a vest
- New! Grow-A-Long® sleeves extend up to 1.5 inches to fit them as they grow
- SnowGuard wrist cuffs: an interior sleeve extension lets them slip their thumb through the cuff, keeping out cold and snow
- EZ-Zip Tab makes zipping themselves up easier
- Reflective zipper pulls and logo in back for visibility
- Parka length hits below the hip
Since Lucian’s favorite color is orange it was easy to choose this deep velvet orange. This parka is a great length, fitting just below the hip and features SnowGuard to keep out the snow and cold. Lucian loves using these over gloves on warmer days and they are perfect for playing in the snow under gloves. No more snow down the sleeves! The Grow-A-Long® sleeves should also allow him to wear this parka next year by extending the sleeves up to 1.5 inches.
The hood works great to keep out the wind and also allows Lucian to get away with wearing only the hood on warmers days as well. While we love the fur lined edging, if that isn’t your style or annoys your child it can easily be removed with a zipper. Another cool feature is the velcro in the back of the hood which allows you to find the perfect fit for your child.
Everything about this coat screams quality from the fabric to the stitching to reflective zipper pull and logo in the back to give my son better viability at night. I know he stays nice and toasty warm in his parka which gives me some piece of mind.
The Boys Expedition Snow Pants complete the look and feature:
- Water-resistant, windproof, 3-ply nylon shell with DriOff™ finish
- Exclusive PolarThin™ insulation for warmth without bulk
- Cordura nylon reinforcements at the knees and seat for extra durability where they need it most
- Ankle zips allow fast changes, even over snow boots
- Internal gaiters keep out snow and slush
- Adjustable waist for a good fit
I love the reinforcements at the knees and seat, perfect for building in the snow! These pants are so fast to put on, especially with the ankle zipper feature which quickly goes over boots. But the coolest feature is the adjustable waist and double buttons which give superior fit without bibs! Lucian assures me they are very warm and comfortable and I like that they aren’t bulky. I can’t think of any way to improve these!
The waterproof, windproof nylon shell with DriOff™ finish worked great as a fall jacket for Lucian! It was the first time we’ve owned a shell that actually looks like a stand alone jacket and works well for rain. It features taped critical seams and PolarThin™ insulation so it is warm on its own. As an added bonus, remove the sleeves and this shell becomes a vest!Overall we are thrilled with Lucian’s new parka and snow pants and try as we might, we are stumped for ways to improve them!
The Boys 4-in-1 Expedition Parka is available in several colors for boys sizes 4 to 18-20 and retails for $159.50 but is currently on sale for nice discount! The Boys Expedition Snow Pants retail for $69.50 but are also on sale! Look for the free shipping and other % off offer codes available on the website to help you save!
Disclosure: I received a sample for the purpose of this review but no monetary compensation was received. My thoughts remain 100% my own and yours may differ.