When you think of Bolthouse Farms, you might have been like me and just thought of the baby carrots. I purchase them all the time but didn’t even realize they made other products like salad dressings. My favorite part is that these dressings are all low fat and lower in calories but you wouldn’t know it by their taste!
My very favorite is their Salsa Ranch Yogurt Dressing. It has a little bit of a kick but nothing over powering, just a delicious taste and something different. I can’t wait to try them in a burrito with some chicken and rice or in my Southwest Rice Bowl.
I’m still in awe that this is a low fat dressing at only 45 calories and 3 grams of fat for a two tablespoon serving! With no trans fat, preservatives, MSG, artificial colors, flavors or added sugar, what is not to love? And there are several other dressing varieties as well including Ranch, Chunky Blue Cheese and Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette made with olive oil.
Over the weekend we had a family get together at my parent’s house. I brought a very simple and light pasta salad chock full of fresh vegetables and mixed with Bolthouse Farms Salsa Ranch Dressing.
- 1 lb. box Rotini pasta (or other favorite pasta type)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup sliced and quartered cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup+ Bolthouse Farms Salsa Ranch Yogurt Dressing (or other favorite variety)
- Cook pasta according to directions on box and desired doneness. Rinse in cold water and drain.
- Chop vegetables and mix together with pasta in large bowl.
- Add 1 cup dressing and stir until combined. Chill until serving.
This salad would work great with any of the Bolthouse Farms dressing varieties and is a cinch to prepare! It was nice to have something that tasted so good be so guilt free!
Disclosure: I received samples however all thoughts remain 100% my own.