While my family is not Irish, we do enjoy celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with our kids in simple ways. Last week we had fun making these fruit rainbows on angel food cake and an easy DIY cup for chocolate milk on the side. Rainbows are fun any time, but especially so during this time of year when we are dreaming of spring. For St. Patty’s day I’m definitely drawn to projects that include fruit, rainbows or mint. I came up with these mini Irish flag fruit skewers earlier this week after seeing so many skewers on Pinterest.
One of my favorites were these St. Patrick’s Day Fruit Skewers from Get Creative Juice. This was just one of the many adorable ideas from her St. Patrick’s Day party. As part of #PinterestRemakes this month, I decided I’d come up with my own fruit skewer with items I already had on hand. (If you aren’t already familiar, this is my chance to team up with some other bloggers where we remake something that inspired us on Pinterest.)
Instead of using all green fruits, I opted to represent the colors of Ireland’s flag instead. I had these interesting bamboo forks that I picked up on a whim a month ago. (Don’t you ever see something in the store and say you have to come up with something to make with that? My house is full of little impulsive purchases just waiting for a creative idea and a blog post.) I also had some assorted St. Patrick’s Day foam stickers that I bought from a local craft store. I thought the smaller shamrocks would be perfect to add to the ends of the bamboo forks to shamrock them up! If you need some, here are lots of great St. Patrick’s Day Foam Stickers.
White is hard to achieve with fruit so I added a marshmallow instead to the delight of my kids. Together these were the perfect size!
- 10 large green grapes
- 10 slices of mandarin oranges
- 10 large marshmallows
- 10 bamboo forks
- Rinse and dry grapes and oranges.
- Skewer items with bamboo fork, starting with oranges.
- Wipe fork with a paper towel before adding marshmallow and grape.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
For more Pinterest remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Creamy Citrus Power Burst Smoothie by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Thumbprint Flower Pot by Upstate Ramblings
- Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Faux Gilded Easter Eggs by How Was Your Day?
- Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins by Food Fun Family
- Strawberry Meringue Dream Clouds by A Day in Motherhood
- Crock Pot Ham Recipe by Just 2 Sisters
- Baseball Subway Art Printable by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Tuna Noodle Casserole the Whole Family Will Actually Love by Views from the Ville
- Coconut Oil Fudge by Jen Around the World
- Cheesy Irish Soda Bread by Mom Does it All
- Strawberry Mojito Cupcake Recipe by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Dr. Seuss Hand print Craft: Thing 1 and Thing 2 by Beyond Mommying
- Taco Pizza by Sincerely Mindy
- Beeswax and Coconut Oil Tart Melts by Savvy Saving Couple
- Packing the Perfect Plane Bag by The Guavalicious Life
- Easy Homemade Hand Scrub Recipe by The Socialite’s Closet
- Nail Polish Marbled Coasters by Style on Main
- Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe with Potatoes by Roasted Beanz
- BLT Pinwheels by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- How to make Easter Blondie Bites by Mommy Snippets