When I think about my favorite baked goods, breakfast breads are always near the top. I love all kinds. From pumpkin bread to banana bread to blueberry bread, it is all good. Every year for Christmas we enjoy a wonderful brunch with my family. Breakfast breads are always a great choice because they can be baked up ahead of time. You can even freeze them if you like, and they still taste wonderful! I happened to have some overripe bananas on my counter, just begging me to make some banana bread. I love trying out new ways to make this traditional favorite and this time was no exception. I made this Banana Chocolate Chip Bread but it has a very special ingredient which makes it wonderfully moist but doesn’t really affect the flavor.
Can you guess what it is?
If you guessed peanut butter, you are right!
I used some Planters Creamy Peanut Butter, although you could just as easily use crunchy. It turned out so delicious!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (approximately 2 bananas)
- ⅓ cup creamy or crunchy Planters Peanut Butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Mix mashed bananas, peanut butter, brown sugar, sour cream, egg and vanilla n large bowl. Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined; Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Add batter to loaf pan.
- Bake 45-55 minute until loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
If you are on the hunt for a peanut butter bread whether peanut butter is the central flavor, this one isn’t it. But if you want a super moist and flavorful bread, perfect for the holidays, this one is just right!
And if a strong flavor of peanut is what you are in the mood for, well, this bread tastes great with peanut butter spread across it. I mean, really great. Just saying.
And since Target is my first choice in shopping for absolutely anything and everything, I’m happy to tell you that you can save on Kraft products with some exclusive Target coupons!
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.