Once again it is time for Mini Chef Mondays! If aren’t already familiar, Mini Chef Mondays is my chance to share a recipe I’ve made with my kids each week. I hope you’ll link up with us this week! (See more information at the bottom of this post.) Last week we shared a delicious Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls, a great no-bake holiday treat. This week Wesley and I made a Raspberry Coconut Coffee Cake to enjoy for Sunday breakfast. It was a rainy day, perfect for baking but not so great for taking pictures.
This recipe had plenty of opportunities for Wesley to be involved.
The toasted coconut gives this coffee cake a nice crunch and is a nice alternative to nuts. You can easily swap out the raspberries for blueberries if you prefer.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1¼ cups flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl stir flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until nice and crumbly.
- In a small bowl whisk eggs and milk. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Pour the batter into two greased 9-in. round baking pans. (You can substitute two 9?x9? square pans).
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
This recipe makes two pans, so it is easy to cut in half if you aren’t feeding a crowd.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- White Hot Chocolate Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- French Toast Casserole // Momma Lew
- Raspberry Coconut Coffee Cake // Baby Loving Mama
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Funnel Cake Recipe // We’re Parents
- Three Ingredient Fudge // Frugal Novice
- No Bake Yule Log Cake Recipe // Eating Richly
- Rice Krispie Christmas Wreaths // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Peppermint Popcorn Balls // Step Stool Chef
- Pineapple and Zucchini Cupcakes // Vegging at the Shore
- Turkey & Hummus Pinwheels // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Easy Kid Approved Breakfast Quesadillas // O’Boy! Organic
- Christmas Tree Jello // Can’t Google Everything