For as long as I can remember my mom has been making this Turkey Tetrazzini recipe with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. I love how easy it is to prepare and with ingredients I always seem to have on hand anyway. If you are struggling what to do with your turkey leftovers, here is a simple option for you!
- 7 oz uncooked spaghetti
- ⅛ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. chicken instant bouillon
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup hot water
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken, cubed
- 4 oz can of mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Dash pepper
- Cook spaghetti. Rinse with hot water when done.
- Meanwhile, In deep skillet or 4 quart saucespan, saute onion and butter over medium heat until tender. Add bouillion, water and soup. Blend well. (A silicone whisk works great for this.)
- Stir in mushrooms, turkey or chicken, parsley and pepper. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in hot spaghetti and heat thoroughly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
I am not sure where this came from as I’m pulling the recipe from piece of notebook paper with several recipes from my mom. But if I find out I’ll be sure to update the post.
This works great for any leftovers, including rotisserie chicken!