It is August and that means many of our kids are already going back to school! To make the transition a little more fun, consider serving up a special treat in preparation for back to school like these White Chocolate Notebook S’Mores from Christine Leeper. They are quick and easy to make yourself or for children to help create to get excited about the start of school. Serve them after some back to school shopping or to welcome your child home after the first day back.
Make as little or a lot as needed with just a few simple ingredients.
- graham cracker squares
- marshmallow creme
- white chocolate bar (Lindt was used)
- Twizzlers (red pull-apart)
- Wilton black icing gel
- Wilton blue icing gel
- Spread a tablespoon of marshmallow creme on a graham cracker square.
- Top with a piece of white chocolate and press down gently to even out the marshmallow creme.
- Microwave graham cracker with chocolate on top for approximately 10 seconds to allow the chocolate to slightly stick to the marshmallow. (Do not overheat or the white chocolate will begin to melt and lose shape.)
- Cool completely. Repeat.
- Use a single strand of a red pull-a- part Twizzler candy and cut a 2 inch strand from it.
- Place the strand going down the smores cracker to resemble the red line in a piece of filler paper.
- To create the horizontal lines on the "paper", squeeze 5 lines across the smores cracker with blue icing gel.
- To create the black filler paper holes, add several dots going down the left side with black icing gel.
Alternatively, you can use food safe markers to create the lines and holes on the paper. (This is a great option if you plan to transport your s’mores.) Consider adding a special message or grade the paper with an A+ for your student!
This same concept can easily be applied to white sugar cookies with white icing as well and make a great treat to serve in class.
Welcome back to school!