Looking for a healthy breakfast that is fun for kids? This heart shaped breakfast is just the ticket! Wesley and I had so much fun creating this Yogurt Flatbread Pizza Heart this past weekend. Featuring a heart shaped flatbread, yogurt and red fruits only, it would be an awesome Valentine’s Day breakfast, lunch or snack.
This recipe is a twist on our Yogurt Fruit Breakfast Pizza from last year.
We carried our heart theme over into our fruit by using a mini heart cutter on our strawberries.
If the result is something too high, you can always trim off the back. Wesley found them very easy to make and a lot of fun. I picked up a Valentine’s Day mini cutter set from Target last year. You can get that same set from Amazon. Other options can be found below.
Wilton Mini Metal Heart “Chocolate Box” Cookie Cutter Set, 6Piece, , Not ApplicableWilton Mini Romantic Metal Cookie Cutter SetStarPack Vegetable Cutter Shapes Set (5 Piece) – Mini Cookie Cutters, Vegetable Shape
I warmed up the flatbread and folded it in half. I cut the heart out as I would a piece of paper with some kitchen scissors. To see exactly how I did it, check out my Peanut Butter and Jelly Heart Flatbread for a step by step video.
For the base we used strawberry yogurt so it would be pink. Other flavors that would work well include raspberry, cherry or vanilla.
Wesley loved adding all the fruit on top. Instead of granola to fill in all the small spaces, we opted for pomegranate instead.
Isn’t it beautiful?
Wesley thought it was almost too pretty to eat.
- 1 Greek pita flatbread
- ¼ cup yogurt (strawberry, cherry, raspberry or vanilla)
- 2 large strawberries cut into heart shapes (if desired)
- ¼ cup red raspberries
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- Wrap flatbread in paper towel and warm in microwave for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Fold in half and cut bottom and top with kitchen scissors to create heart.
- Spread yogurt over flatbread.
- Add fruit over top.
- Serve immediately.
For easier eating, I suggest cutting into four pieces.
What have you been up to with your mini chefs this week?
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team.
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Hot Cocoa Cupcakes // Courtney’s Sweets
- Yogurt Flatbread Pizza Heart // Finding Zest
- Strawberry Sprinkle Donut Hearts Totally Dye Free! // Eating Richly
- Crispy Turmeric Chickpeas // Vegging at the Shore
- Lunch Meat Lettuce Wraps // My Mini Adventurer